On Friday, February 14th, we’ll be joining the Making Gay History podcast at the New York Public Library for “Queer Quiz Show,” an LGBTQ history trivia program.
See below for full details on the event, or click here for full information and tickets.
The Library After Hours: Love & Resistance
Join us at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building for the city’s most cerebral happy hour.
Celebrate the opening of the Library’s newest exhibition Love & Resistance: Stonewall 50 with a night of curator talks, trivia, special guests, and more as we explore the history of LGBTQ civil rights following the 1969 Stonewall Riots.
Love & Resistance will include:
- After hours access to the Library’s new exhibition Love & Resistance: Stonewall 50, featuring photographs, documents, ephemera and more that illustrate the themes of nightlife, love, activism, and the queer press.
- Copies of the exhibition’s accompanying book Love and Resistance: Out of the Closet Into the Stonewall Era—which includes photographs taken by Kay Tobin Lahusen and Diana Davies, with a foreword by Roxane Gay—will be on sale before its March 2019 publication date.
- Curator talks featuring exhibition curator Jason Baumann, the Library’s Susan and Douglas Dillon Assistant Director for Collection Development and Coordinator of Humanities and LGBT Collections
- Trivia with Making Gay History podcast host Eric Marcus
- Drag Queen Story Hour’s very first story time for adults
- Listening stations from the NYC Trans Oral History Project—a community archive devoted to the collection, preservation and sharing of trans histories, organized in collaboration with The New York Public Library
- Games, puzzles, and crafting highlighting the Library’s vast LGBTQ archive
- Music and beats by New York based multidisciplinary artist and DJ, SHYBOI
- Food & drinks available for purchase
- After hours access to beautiful NYPL spaces including the Rose Main Reading Room
21+ | ID required | #NYPLafterhours